The game includes a substantial number of data and various items of information, drawn from the main world data banks, in order to assess the new situation of the planet at all times. Indicated below are the details of the parameters taken into consideration. The simulations are classified into different categories.
3D WORLD MAP
It is used to make an inventory of a great number of points :
all state frontiers and territorial waters
division of countries into over 1200 regions
over 1500 towns
over 1000 army bases (land forces, air force, navy, satellite launch sites, communications centres)
over 300 nuclear plants, oil wells, off-shore stations, gas wells, land and sea wind farms, solar farms
over 130 mountain peaks and volcanos
over 100 historical and cultural locations
ENVIRONMENTAL AND HEALTH ENGINE
Coupled with the weather engine, it is able to simulate a great number of natural disasters, more specifically:
droughts and heatwaves
volcanic eruptions (locating of and risks assessment of major volcanos)
earthquakes and tsunamis (locating of and risks assessment of major fault lines)
hurricanes and cyclones (locating of the paths and risks assessment of major hurricanes)
epidemics (assessment of the factors causing and aggravating cholera, the plague and the Ebola virus)
nuclear accidents (locating of and decrepitude check of nuclear power plants around the world)
forest fires (locating of risk areas)
oil slicks (locating of risk areas)
COUNTRIES AND THEIR VARIABLE CHARACTERISTICS
230 countries or territories acknowledged by UNO are featured in the game, with approximately 170 playable nations. Each country features over 400 specific characteristics on different issues, notably :
Geographic and climatic data: surface area, type of climate, rainfall, main geographical risks, forested area...
- Demographic data: age pyramid, contraception, life expectancy, migratory movements...
- Economic data: GDP, per capita income, unemployment, growth, inflation, HDI...
- Economic activity: production and consumption of over 100 sectors in the field of agriculture (stock breeding details, the fruit and vegetable trade, the drinks trade, the grain trade), in the field of industry (different ores, processing industries, the chemical industry, car manufacturing...) and services (telecommunications, transport, advertising, the record industry...).
- Energy data: distribution and reserves for different sources, oil, gas, nuclear, hydro-electricity, alternative energies...
- Trade data: main partners, balance of payments, tourism...
- Budget: Numbers and expenditure of the different State budget departments
- The tax system: list of numerous taxes (VAT, income tax, wealth tax, petroleum industry tax, alcoholic beverages tax...)
- Monetary data: interest rates, stock markets, currency...
- Social Issues / Employment / Health: minimum wages, child benefits, medical care reimbursement, minimum income for the elderly, unemployment benefits, working hours, housing benefits...
- Education: illiteracy, staff and salaries, duration of school holidays, level of research...
- The constitution: type of regime, MPs’ term of office, election functioning, powers of Parliament...
- Politics: party in power, complete list of all political parties with their inclination, formation of Parliament, positioning on major international issues, membership of major international organizations...
- Police / Justice: crime rate, police force and secret services staff and powers, prisons, death penalty, road safety measures...
- Terrorism: list of terrorist groups with evaluation of their impact
- Sects: list of different sects with estimate of their numbers
- Military data: numbers, detailed information on weaponry, including nuclear, arms production, military service, location and potential of each base...
- Religious data: distribution and role of the different religions
- Environmental data: Co2 emissions, Kyoto protocol, different means of transport...
- Culture : national holiday, major cultural festivals, international museums, film production, Internet implementation...
- Sports: results and rankings in all major competitions, level assessment of each sport
THE PERSONALITY BASE
With nearly 300 personalities for each country (50.000 for the world) and about twenty personal variables for each personality (age, political leaning, religion, popularity, charisma, loyalty to head of state, etc ...).
All these figures are portrayed with a 3D face and speak during the meetings. The game includes over 6 hours of dialog.
The names of the characters incorporate the linguistic roots of the different countries.
The artificial intelligence algorithms determine the reactions and the initiatives of the characters. Each character is actually linked to variables (age, health, personality, skills, ambition, political affiliation, hobbies . . . ) that establish a sort of opinion table on the different subjects of the game. The actions accumulated by the player(s) and world developments are then collated with these opinions. Depending on the character's popularity and his or her degree of influence, his or specific behavior is produced.
THE INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS
More than 50 international organisations that play a role throughout the game, including: the UN organisations (UNO, IMF, Worldbank), major organisations (NATO, G7, OPEC, etc), economic organisations (EU, CIS, MERCOSUR, NAFTA, Arab League, etc), major NGOs (international aid, human rights, environment, etc)
FOUNDATIONS FOR ECONOMIC AND SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES
Over 150 economic sectors are featured along with their production and consumption rules (costs, raw materials, transport costs, workforce qualification, productivity...).
Also included are over 100 scientific discoveries and technological advances imagined for the next 50 years to come (aids vaccine, anti-sleep molecule digital paper, optical textiles, nanorobots, holographic TV...).
FOUNDATIONS FOR SCENARIOS
Over 12.000 messages , as well as articles and reactions brought on by top personalities and organizations at play are available.
The game includes over 6 hours of saved dialog.
THE HISTORICAL BASE
With the main upcoming events: meetings of major organisations, scheduled elections for each country, dates of Olympic Games, religious holidays, etc.